- The Battery Icon on MacOS(for me it happened on MacOS Catalina), dissappears without any reason.
- The fan of the laptop is running without any considerable process hogging the CPU cycles.
- Even after you check the tick mark on System Preferences, it unchecks itself immediately and then battery icon dissappears after showing itself for a brief moment.
One of the thing which worked for me:
- Apple official page defines SMC as System Management Controller which is mostly responsible for battery management, thermal management, keyboard backlight, etc
- This is what I tried as first defence against the symptoms presented above:
- Resetting the SMC which is pressing the
CTRL + SHIFT + OPTION + COMMAND + POWER Buttonrestarts the laptop.
- After this Power Mag charger started lighting up indicating that it was charging the battery.
- Second the battery icon started appearing.
- CPU fan started calming down.